The Parish of Our Lady of Lourdes, Newent and Blaisdon came into existence in 1935 when the Salesians of Don Bosco set up a school for disadvantaged children in Blaisdon Hall.For almost 60 years Blaisdon became a second and much-loved “home-from-home” for hundreds of young lads from the inner cities of London, Liverpool, Leeds, Bristol, Sheffield and even as far afield as Glasgow. Even now, more than 20 years after the school closed down, we have a number of Past Pupils who come back to Blaisdon for a Reunion every August…..as well as a small number who return every year on the Sunday after Easter.The priests of the Community began saying Mass in Cinderford and Newent in Public Houses, private houses and eventually, in the Market House in Newent. During the war the numbers in Newent were boosted by POWs from Italy and Germany, notably Maurice Marcovecchio, Joe Perillo and Andrew Rosso – who all married local ladies and settled down here after the war.

Our Church

Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: WP Frank